*Note: When there is a physical crisis and you need immediate emergency help, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
As soon as the child is safe, notify your child’s physician(s) and mental health provider(s).
Contact Horizon Family Solutions:
4450 Arapahoe Avenue | Suite 100
Boulder, CO 80303
Email Dore: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business hours – Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5pm MDT
After establishing a contractual relationship, Horizon Family Solutions works in a timely manner to evaluate the child’s / young adult’s needs and to provide the family with recommendations.
When you call in the evening, on a holiday or weekend, someone will get back to you at our earliest convenience.
We’ve been working with families in crisis for more than 18 years.
Based on our experience, the following steps have been established to ensure a successful process:
- Please complete a confidential profile and submit
- Parents provide all clinical, medical, school, social, testing and other pertinent records to Horizon Family Solutions
- An interview with the parents and student (when applicable) is conducted via in person, phone or Skype
- Parents participate in the initial recommendations meeting in person, over the phone or via Skype
- When an outdoor therapeutic program or residential boarding school is recommended, in most cases, the parents contact and visit (when applicable) the recommended programs. Parents are provided with a list of questions for use during the visits.
- Once a clinical hospital, program or school is selected, Horizon Family Solutions supports parents during the enrollment procedure. Parents complete all required applications.
- Horizon Family Solutions is available to help coordinate transportation arrangements, as needed
- Parents attend via in person, phone, or Skype, a post placement meeting with their educational consultant professional to develop a plan for monitoring their child’s progress
- The process for Crisis Intervention Services is abbreviated to fit the needs of the crisis situation. Interventions can be implemented within 24 hours