Founder of Horizon Family Solutions
Dr. Frances has worked as an advocate for students with learning disabilities and has been a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) in several states.
Her doctorate’s degree is in Human Development with an emphasis in Diverse Families.
A strength that Dr. Frances brings to her practice as an educational and therapeutic consultant is expertise in program and school evaluations.
Dr. Frances also has a Masters Degree in Child and Family Studies. Her focus in that area is on children, youth, and families.
Dr. Frances has also served on the board of a number of non-profit organizations.
She has been educating parents about out-of-home residential therapeutic treatment placements since 2001 and is very passionate about her work with families. She knows first hand that you can come out the other end of this difficult situation.
Dr. Frances, who was adopted at birth, specializes in assisting families with adopted children, and those with attachment disorders.
She is originally from San Francisco, California and now resides in Broomfield, Colorado with her therapy cats Aimee and Chloe and assists families and professionals all over the United States, Canada and Internationally.
Strengthening Attachment in Adoptive Families, 2016
Therapeutic Parenting, 2015
Eating Disorder Treatment at the Core, 2013
Love & Logic, Parenting with Love & Logic Training, 2009, 2010
Drug & Alcohol Treatment Education, Coaching Parents of Challenging Teens, 2009
Adolescent Sexual Behavior Problems, Identification of Risk Factors, 2008
Court Appointed Advocacy Training, 2008
Drug & Alcohol Treatment Education, Trauma and the Adolescent Client, 2008
Meth Action Coalition Training, 2007
Hospice of the Monterey Peninsula Patient and Family, Adult Bereavement, and Children’s Bereavement 2004
Child Custody Mediation Training, 2003
Wrap Around Full Training and Certification, 2002
Resource Realizations Family Resource Coaching – Self-Discovery, 2001
Dore’ has additional specialized training and continuing education in the following areas
- Adoption / Addiction
- Approaches to Relief of Suffering
- Child Traumatic Stress: Understanding and Serving through a Cultural Lens
- Children of Substance Abusers
- Different Ways of Grieving, Different Ways of Healing
- Diversity and End of Life Care
- Grief and/or Learning Disabilities in Children
- How to Heal Toxic Thoughts
- Kids on the Continuum from Difficult to Dangerous
- Living with Grief: Before and After the Death
- Parents with Cancer and other Diseases
- Parent Trauma / Processing Grief
- Self-Care for Professionals Exposed to Trauma
- Supporting Children and Families in Transition
- Take Charge of Your Life – Intention and Manifestation in the Workplace
- Tools to Assist the Dying, The Grieving and Those Who Love Them
- Transition Home Planning
- Trauma and Grief in Youth
- Understanding and Supporting Under-Recognized Grief
- Understanding the Needs of the Dying
- Understanding Youth Culture: Substance of Abuse
- Why Some Bounce Back and Some Never Do: Resilience in Children Who Have Experienced Childhood Abuse
- Parent Teacher Associations (Public & Private School Sectors)
- Parent Support Groups / Conferences
- Professional Conferences
- Specialist Panels
- Therapeutic Residential Facilities
- Youth Development Groups
Dr. Frances is available for speaking engagements. She is able to provide great value to affiliations, corporations, groups, organizations, schools, non-profits, etc.
Topics for speaking engagements are generally custom content centered on the specific goals of the event / group.
Her primary focus is on inspiring action and boosting self-awareness.